From Fort William:
Take the A82 (signposted for Inverness). At the small roundabout just after the Nevis Bank Hotel, turn left. Glenlochy Guest House is on your right. Turn sharp right after Glenlochy Guest House and immediately before the traffic lights. Carry on for 800 yards and turn right just before the Claggan Spar shop at the sign for Achintee. Carry on for one mile to the end of the road. The Ben Nevis Inn is on your right.
Alternatively, at the small roundabout just after the Nevis Bank Hotel, carry straight on into Glen Nevis and leave your car (if you have one) in the Glen Nevis Visitor Centre car park on your left. Cross the bridge and walk for five minutes towards the Ben Nevis mountain track. Cross the stile and turn left. Ben Nevis Inn is at the top of the short footpath.
Driving towards Fort William town centre on the A82 you will pass the large Ben Nevis Hotel (formerly the Milton Hotel) on your right. Shortly after this is a set of traffic lights. Turn first left just after the lights, and carry on until you see the Spar shop at the sign for Achintee. Carry on for one mile to the end of the road. The Ben Nevis Inn is on your right.
Planning your journey
Useful links to help you plan your journey to Fort William and Ben Nevis
Planning to walk up the Ben? Make sure you are equipped with all the information you need
- Ben Nevis Visitor Centre
- Tackling the Ben – FAQ’s
- Met Office Weather Forecast
- Mountain Weather Information Service
- Find a mountain guide
Travelling by car (see above for directions)
- Fort William Car Hire
- Slipway Autos (Practical Car Hire)
- Traffic Scotland for information on traffic and incidents on Scottish roads
Travelling by bus
- Scottish CityLink Coaches provide coach services all over Scotland
- Stagecoach local bus service – look for the bus that takes you to Glen Nevis Visitor Centre, and from there we are a short walk over the River Nevis
- National Express for national coach timetables
Travelling by train
- Caledonian Sleeper provide an overnight train service from London to Fort William
- Scotrail train services from around Scotland into Fort William train station
Other useful links
Book a Table
For a meal out with your friends and all the family for a special occasion, or swapping stories over a drink about your hikes in o…
Book a Bunk
The Ben Nevis Inn bunkhouse* is located in one of the most beautiful and famous areas of Scotland, at the very foot of Ben Nevis, …
Here at the Ben Nevis Inn we like to promote as much live music as possible. Our rustic environment provides the perfect settin…
We pride ourselves on serving great, wholesome food and strive to use local producers, brewers and suppliers wherever we can.